Review for “Sami the Magic Bear: No To Bullying!”

I’m very pleased to announce that the July 2015 issue of our online book review magazine “Children’s Bookwatch” features a review of “Sami the Magic Bear: No To Bullying!”.

The review has been provided to the Helen C. White Library’s “Cooperative Children’s Book Center” (University of Wisconsin, Madison) where it will be made available to school and community librarians throughout Wisconsin’s public school systems and community libraries. This review has also been provided to the Cengage Learning, Gale interactive CD-ROM series “Book Review Index” which is published four times yearly for academic, corporate, and public library systems.

Here is the review:

Children’s Bookwatch: July 2015
James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
Diane Donovan, Editor
Midwest Book Review
278 Orchard Drive, Oregon, WI 53575

The Self-Help Shelf

Sami the Magic Bear: No To Bullying!
Murielle Bourdon, author/illustrator
Murielle Bourdon auteur (publisher)
Collection SAMI inc
www.collectionsami.com
info@collectionsami.com
9782924526019, $10.99, www.amazon.com

Second volume in the Sami series, “Sami the Magic Bear: No To Bullying!” is a story of the magical teddy bear’s intervention in the life of Thomas, a nine year old boy who is experiencing ridicule and bullying. Thomas is a shy, insecure child who is picked on by his schoolmates. Sometimes it seems he has no friends. Still, Thomas is a brilliant student, first in French and mathematics. Because his teacher likes him, some other boys gang up on him to pick on him later. Victor, the lead bully, pushes him down, hurts him, and takes his red cap, a treasured birthday present. Thomas is sad, angry, and hurt. Still he cannot explain his hurt face and lost cap to his mother later when she questions him. But because it is his birthday, his grandparents are visiting, and they give him a very special gift. It is Sami, the magic teddy bear. Although Thomas can’t believe it at first, he finally confides in Sami when the bear talks to him after hearing him crying about his problems being bullied. Sami listens and encourages Thomas to take action and talk to the Dean at school about what has been happening. A very creative suggestion for a solution by Sami is accepted by Mr. Scott, the Dean. He tells Victor, the leader of the bullies, that he needs to change his habits, and that he is to begin coaching Thomas in basketball and Thomas will begin coaching Victor in French and mathematics. This amazing idea works wonderfully well and the two boys become friends! Exciting color illustrations show Sami, Victor and Thomas in this inviting story about a way to turn bullying around. Kids will get the message of caring concern and creative problem solving in “Sami the Magic Bear: No To Bullying!”

You have complete permission to utilize the review in any manner you deem useful for marketing and promotion.

Additionally, this review will be archived on our Midwest Book Review website for the next five years at http://www.midwestbookreview.com

Please send an email notification to my attention at mwbookrevw@aol.com for your future titles as they are published and become available to the reading public.

I look forward to your next new title.

James A. Cox
Editor-in-Chief
Midwest Book Review
278 Orchard Drive
Oregon, WI, 53575